Wednesday, April 29, 2009

My Dear Friend

I found out this morning that my dear friend, Diana Bacher, suddenly passed away in the night. It has not fully settled within me that she is gone...come wedding day I will feel her absence poignantly.

When I entered the Creative Journal Expressive Arts program, Diana seemed more excited than anyone that I was embarking on this adventure and as soon as I returned from the first intensive she immediately became my willing guinea pig. In the months that we worked together, her creativity blossomed (read Diana's Creative Journal adventure here). Since then, she became a full fledged painter... EVERYTHING revolved around her need to express her creativity and she had built up a sizable body of work that was intended to become her first art exhibit.

I am grateful to have known this woman. She was not afraid of evolving way beyond her comfort zone and for that she will always be an inspiration to me.

No comments:

This page is to keep my support network of family and friends, as well as the Creative Journal community, updated with my progress in the Creative Journal Expressive Arts