Wednesday, July 11, 2007


Okay... lots to say.

First off, I will be having a second Creative Journal workshop on July 29th... and the location has changed for both workshops. The Blue Moon has closed its doors, so Lynda Toney-Bahr has offered her "Art of E-Motion " studio located at 4309 N. Western ave.

Next... doing all of this Creative Journal work has caused a HUGE shift. I feel completely transformed. I tried to sum it up in this OPEN BOOK entry:

(Original photo taken by Paul Medina... I added the dress)
After doing the dual hand exercises in "The Power of Your Other Hand", my art has shifted yet again. When I first started painting with my other hand, my dominant hand kept wanting to take over because it was getting frustrated at the lack of painting skill in my left hand... so I kept on painting until that urge passed. Today my dominant hand wanted to get in on the action and I finally let it. They are working together beautifully:

Below is what the painting looked like a couple of days ago... if you can tell by looking at it, I wasn't in the best mood. What a difference a day (or two) makes... and letting both hands work together.

No comments:

This page is to keep my support network of family and friends, as well as the Creative Journal community, updated with my progress in the Creative Journal Expressive Arts