Thursday, April 23, 2009

HOLY COW I'M BUSY

It's nine days till the wedding and I'm feeling that a clone or a robot would really be helpful. Besides the full time job of getting ready for the BIG DAY, I'm wrapping up the McFarland mural project, preparing for the unveiling ceremony, working out details for the McFarland summer mural project - which is a HUGE project to be done in a fraction of the time - and the fundraiser to gather needed supplies. On top of that Jason and I just bought a house 5 days ago... so add paperwork, inspections etc. into the mix. I've concluded that my idle days are officially over. I hit the wall today. Jason is so busy trying to keep up with all the orders coming in at his business that I've been assisting him in getting caught up... (I feel like I'm needing to vent, thank you) ... NOW I KNOW WHAT "THE PROBLEM OF ABUNDANCE" MEANS. So many amazing things are happening at one time that I'm having difficulty soaking any of it in. Poor me.

So back to the mural project... it has been such a spectacular experience that I want to figure out how to do this all the time! I get to do it again on a larger scale in about a month. The McFarland branch YWCA has a 60 foot long wall on the side of the building - which faces the youth garden project - that is BEGGING to be painted... so we are hoping to team up school kids from the area with tenants of a nearby senior center, as well as a handful of community artists to paint a mural with the focus: CULTIVATING COMMUNITY. I'll keep you posted.

As far as the wedding goes, my wings are made as well as Tillie's, the rings have arrived, I'm almost done sparklfying my dress, Tillie's tutu is here, the wedding space is shaping up beautifully...in a whimsically rugged sort of way and the ring pillow has just been made (it's purdy). We still need to get our lisence, Jason and Jesse need to figure out what they are going to wear, I need to write my vows (as does Jason, I'm sure), we need to figure out where all the out-of-town people will be staying, and a whole lot of other things. Oh, and IT WILL NOT RAIN.

About the house... Jason passed by it last Friday morning when he was detoured (or Divinely redirected) from his normal route due to construction. We were taking a tour of it by 2:30 that afternoon and by six that evening our realtor was faxing us the contract which was approved at 8:30 the next morning. It is a total granny house (no offense, Granny) with white aluminum siding and a clothesline in the back yard...as well as a peach tree, a plum tree, two pecan trees and a rasberry vine/bush. The stove in the kitchen is harvest gold and the living room walls are covered with faux wood panelling. HOWEVER, the oak floors are immaculate, the garage has been converted into a den, there is a tiny loft in the house and a humongous workshop out back. The inspector said that we've got a real gem of a house. We don't close until May 15th and I've already got the paint colors and the floor tiles picked. It's a bit early but the decorating seems to be having a calming effect on my current state of FRANTIC.

I'm done writing.

No comments:

This page is to keep my support network of family and friends, as well as the Creative Journal community, updated with my progress in the Creative Journal Expressive Arts