Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Settling in pretty well now

This picture represents, at least symbolically, a typical day in my new life... chaotic and colorful. That sounds just about right. I've heard people say over the years about getting married: they mourn their old life. I always thought that when I finally found my partner I'd be SO DAMN READY that I would gratefully and easily surrender my old, single life to the past. It didn't exactly work that way. Now I know what those people were talking about. MY LIFE IS NOT MY OWN ANY MORE. I had a pretty significant meltdown a few weeks ago about this new reality I find myself in. I get it. My life is not my own anymore, but it has a greater significance now. I am part of a new order. I am involved in the evolution of two beautiful young souls. I am a helpmate just as I now have a helpmate. It's HUGE. I had no idea... and I am probably only grasping at a tiny part of this reality, but if I was instantly illuminated to this MAGNIFICENT WHOLE, I would probably explode. So, I'll be content with receiving it a bite at a time.

On a different note, I was able to do the "Sound of Feelings" exercise with a hundred high school students. It was AWESOME. Also, my Learn and Serve supervisor - Kathy Smith, art teacher at Santa Fe South - got lockers and locks and journals for all of the art students and we will be beginning our Creative Journal altered books soon. WOOHOO.

No comments:

This page is to keep my support network of family and friends, as well as the Creative Journal community, updated with my progress in the Creative Journal Expressive Arts