Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Welp... as I suspected, after I returned from the CJEA training, all of the lovely little seeds I had been tending to have begun sprouting..... FAST. My first art exhibit was a total success. Three paintings already sold before the opening, and another four sold by the end of the night!

While I was at the training, my friend Lauren called to let me know that she met a woman who is wanting to have her art students paint a mural but needed a crew supervisor. So a week after I got back home I set up a meeting to chat with the teacher about the mural project, which sounds AWESOME. Somewhere in the middle of our discussion she mentioned that her school is looking for a VISTA, which is a position obtained through Americorps (click here for more info) where I would work at a school doing, among many other things, Creative Journal Expressive Arts with the students! Both the teacher and the Americorps representative are intrigued by the method. I go in later this week to fill out the remaining paperwork and leave for training in Austin on Monday. I AM SO EXCITED! OH, and the best part is, after a year commitment I will receive an education award that will cover the cost of completing my degree! WOOHOO!

So far, that's it... but that is ALOT. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

This page is to keep my support network of family and friends, as well as the Creative Journal community, updated with my progress in the Creative Journal Expressive Arts