Tuesday, September 25, 2007

ALOTALOTALOT


My friend John came out and videoed a recent ALTARED BOOK CLUB meet-up and we spent the next few weekends editing it down... and here it is, above.


I've been crazy busy lately trying to get funds together for the upcoming intensive at the end of October that I'll be assisting at. As if I don't have enough to to, I went through crisis training at the YWCA last week to: 1. Do art with the mothers and children at the battered
women's shelter, and 2. Be a sexual assault advocate. The latter was not in my plans, but that little voice kept telling me "THIS IS WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO DO". Okay. I go in later this week to talk with the volunteer coordinator about how I can incorporate CJEA into their program... namely ALTARED BOOK CLUB.


Also, a few friends and I recently started a group called THE SHIFT COLLECTIVE as a result of us each feeling great shifts happening within us, then realizing that we were not alone in this SHIFT... and we keep hearing people discussing their own shifts. SO now we have a radio show - run by Lauren
Zuniga, who I will soon be teaming up with to do some workshops. Click here to get to the SHIFT COLLECTIVE web page.

What else... too much to write out at the moment... except to say: I am struggling to raise the necessary monies to get through the training program, so I will be adding a "DONATE" button to this page for anyone who would feel inspired to sponsor me with a donation of ANY size. This has been a spirit-lead process for me, and spirit suggested that I ask for support. So, there.

No comments:

This page is to keep my support network of family and friends, as well as the Creative Journal community, updated with my progress in the Creative Journal Expressive Arts